The HaysMed Foundation offers scholarship opportunities made available through the kindness of generous donors. HaysMed Associates who wish to take advantage of these opportunities to continue their post-secondary education are required to complete the on-line scholarship application by March 15. Applicants may also submit letters of reference. Scholarships available include:
- Dr. Bert Anderson Scholarship: Dr. Anderson, a physician from Victoria, KS, established a scholarship fund for students seeking their RN or BSN degree.
- Bickle Family Foundation Scholarship: Established by the Bickle Family of Hays, the scholarship is available to all students majoring in Respiratory Therapy. Applications can be submitted at any time after pre-requisites for Respiratory Therapy are completed. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of financial need, academic achievement, references, leadership potential and career goals.
- Harms Family Scholarship: Established by George Harms, HaysMed Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, the fund provides scholarships for current HaysMed employees and their children for post-secondary education.
- HaysMed Foundation Scholarship: Established by the Foundation Board of Directors, scholarships are available to HaysMed Associates pursuing a post-secondary education.
- Norman E. Hull, M.D. Scholarship: Funded by the Hull family, this scholarship is available to a college junior, senior, or higher classification, enrolled in a healthcare major at an accredited four-year college in Kansas.
- Dr. Glen and Nada Hutchison Nursing Scholarship: Established through the Hutchison estate, the scholarships are for students majoring in nursing.
- Roelfs Scholarship: Established in honor of Mrs. Paul Roelfs of Stockton by her husband, this scholarship is available for students enrolled in a nursing degree program at Fort Hays State University or North Central Kansas Technical College.
- Karen Schuvie Scholarship: Established in her memory by her family, the scholarship provides funding for majoring in a healthcare profession.
Other available scholarships
- Judy Folsom Scholarship: Established by the Hays Medical Center Board of Directors in honor of her service as Director of Nursing, the scholarship is for juniors or seniors, accepted into the Fort Hays State University Nursing program with a minimum GPA of 3.0. Recipients must have graduated from a high school west of US Hwy. 81 and Interstate 135. Applications are available from the Fort Hays State University Financial Assistance Office.
- Hays Medical Center Volunteers: The volunteers have established scholarships which are administered by Fort Hays State University and North Central Kansas Technical College. Applications are available from the respective financial aid departments. Scholarships are awarded based on recommendations from the nursing department, financial need, academic achievement, faculty references, leadership potential, and career goals.
- Kansas Nursing Student Scholarship Program: Annually, the Kansas State Board of Regents and sponsoring hospitals jointly fund the Kansas Nursing Student Scholarship Program which offers scholarships for students studying to become registered nurses or licensed practical nurses. Scholarship amounts may vary due to legislative appropriations..
- An applicant must be a Kansas resident who has been accepted and is enrolled full time (12 semester hours) in an eligible Kansas post-secondary institution. Completed applications and associated materials must be submitted to the Kansas Board of Regents. The sponsorship application deadline is May 1.
- A recipient, after attaining the appropriate licensure as a registered nurse, is required to complete one year of employment at HaysMed for each year awarded the scholarship. A HaysMed application for the Kansas Nursing Student Scholarship Program must be completed along with an application from the Kansas Board of Regents which can be obtained by contacting the Kansas Board or Regents or online at https://www.kansasregents.org/scholarships_and_grants.
If you would like to save your progress and continue at a later time, please use the Save and Continue Later link at the bottom of the form. A unique and secure link will be provided to you which you may use for up to 30 days to view your progress and continue working.