Sunday, September 24, 2023 from 9am - 1pm
There is no cost for flu shots - The event is sponsored by the Hays Medical Center Foundation
Participants are asked to bring a canned food item to benefit the Community Assistance Center
Hays KS - HaysMed’s annual drive-thru flu shot clinic has been scheduled for Sunday, September 24. The event will offer free flu shots for all residents older than 6 months. The event will be held from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
It will be the 24th year the hospital has offered the community service, and approximately 3,500 people are expected to be vaccinated during the free clinic. The event is sponsored by the Hays Medical Center Foundation. While there is no cost for flu shots, participants are asked to bring a canned food item to benefit the Community Assistance Center.
If you want to fill out the required consent forms and bring them with you, please go see the links at the top of this page to fill out, print, and sign copies to bring with you for each person who plans to be vaccinated.
- Please wear short sleeves.
- People age 10 and up can receive their free flu shot without leaving their vehicles.
- Children 6 months through 9 years of age will be vaccinated on the west side of the Center for Health Improvement. Adults attending with children can also receive their shots in the same location.
- High-dose flu vaccine will not be available for 65 and over. The CDC has not expressed a preference for any flu vaccine indicated for people 65 years and older. It's most important for everyone to get the annual seasonal flu vaccine, whether it's a standard-dose or high-dose flu vaccine.
- There will be no nasal flu vaccine at the drive-thru flu shot clinic.
- There will be no egg free vaccines available at the drive-thru flu shot clinic. People with a severe egg allergy will need to contact their local healthcare provider for their flu vaccine.
- HaysMed volunteers will direct traffic during the event.
More than 100 volunteers will be on hand to help with the event. HaysMed partners with Fort Hays State University and North Central Kansas Vo-Tech as both facilities provide students to help with the shots.
The vaccine also is available at HaysMed clinics for patients who are unable to attend the drive-thru flu shot event. Charges will apply at regular clinic visits, though the vaccine is covered by most health insurance plans.